Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2015

It's a Trap!

...Or Is It?

The Sensual Goddess often sends me links to things she thinks I'll enjoy - news articles, beach resorts in the South Pacific where we'll never go...and plenty of cute cat videos. But I did a double-take when she sent me this:
Why My Husband & I Sometimes Have Sex With Other People
It was...interesting. But why had she sent it to me? We often talk about what people in blogland do and write about. Some of it seems enlightened. Some seems reckless...or downright crazy. (Not you, of course, other people.)

SG has said to me any number of times over the years, "I know you need more", and not in a disapproving way...more a laugh and shake of the head in her patented, "You're so damned bad, I can't believe what I've gotten myself into" way.

I've always laughed and agreed when she's said that, but I'd never followed up on it. This article seemed like an invitation to talk. Part of me was screaming (internally), "It's a trap! Don't go there." Every partnered man knows the right answer. "Don't be silly, sweetheart, you're all I want, all I need, the only one I think about."

Any other answer is clearly the wrong answer, and would only be providing ammunition to be used against one at some future date...right?

5 comments:

  1. I don't think it's a trap at all. I don't think it is the handing over of the hall pass, but after reading the article, I'd say a partner doesn't send that link unless she is open to having the discussion. That discussion may go nowhere and it may even lead to the delicate "Of course, you're all I need" moment. But who knows, it could also lead to some great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with JF said. It's a discussion opener. BUT--being as us women can be hormonally driven, and what seems a good idea one day is insanity the next, I would choose the time to talk with great caution. I would love to receive this sort of opener from hubs most days, but on the crazy-making hormone days?? Not so much.

    And as for sending it to hubs to open the discussion? He doesn't have the assurance of confidence for it to work for us (understandable given what we're going thru, but still...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a trap, but neither is it an invitation to anything except a conversation. What comes out of it? You will have to try it and see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh, uhm..... yea, it's a trap.

    :-)

    but maybe not. Maybe Pat Riley is going to call me and have me play in the NBA too.

    I'm not sure if I can be as optimistic as the others, but I hope they are right. Tread lightly, go slowly, and have a good cover story ready. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea... is it too perilous to ask why she sent it to you? If she decides it would be good for you to have sex with other women? *raises hand

    ReplyDelete