Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

What is Your Sexy Song?

Simplicity asks the question, in her blog post of today, "What is your sexy song?"

Interesting question, and I have an immediate answer. It's not a song that exactly puts me in the mood - but it has very strong sexual connotations for me.

I've written of my first time, and I mention at the end that "I slunk home, half mortified but also half exultant that I was no longer a virgin." On that drive home, I had the radio on and was mentally thanking every god I had ever prayed to for help in losing my virginity. And now (thank goodness!) I could finally honestly say that I wasn't a virgin. Gratitude and relief were literally washing over me. (As an aside, I realized recently that the event in question happened 30 years ago this week. Yikes.)

Anyway, the song. I was driving home with the radio on, and "Round and Round", the one and only hit by metal band Ratt came on. The hard pumping beat was exactly what I was feeling, and I turned it up loud. It felt and sounded *perfect*. At that moment, all was right with the world.

The song got airplay for the rest of that summer, and I'd keep my buddies from changing the station when it came on. They'd tease me about liking the song, and I just smiled a secret smile. Actually, when talking about music and bands, sometimes they'll still tease me about it ("Hey Max, how about we put on some Ratt for you?") - and I still smile inwardly.

I'm pretty certain this song will make no one else's list - but hearing it will always transport me back to a memorable summer night.

3 comments:

  1. Thats exactly what I meant in the post! That's great! What song takes you back to a special moment or puts you in that mood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good song and great video. Milton Berle is so funny and I love the whole idea of turning the haughty blue blood lady into a slutty Goth groupy with a guitar solo! It's almost like a Latter Day Rocky Horror Picture Show. At the risk of seeming like I have no cojones I have to say Just Like a Dream by the Cure does it for me, reminds me of a certain girl. I guess on a more masculine song I could go with She Sells Sanctuary by the Cult. Then again nothing reminds me of high school Friday nights like Little Guitars by Van Halen. So many songs to choose from you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard this tune... what a beat! Strange how I can't remember "important things" and yet a song from *cough* *mumble* forty years ago stands out so clearly and makes me recall the guy lying across my lap in his car in the dark... those were the days. Go listen to "One of These Nights" by the Eagles. Mmm...

    ReplyDelete