Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

Tough Choices and Wood Nymphs

Sensual Goddess: (with a twinkle in her eye) So, you're going out into the woods with your buddies instead of coming with me to (home and native land).

Me: Well, yeah..this trip's been on the calendar for a while, and I didn't know it would be the only time you could go.

SG: Of course, I understand. I just wanted to make sure you knew what you're choosing. Sleeping on the ground, in the company of smelly guys. I know you'll enjoy the hiking and the camaraderie. That's a good choice - even if the alternative is going where we could find another Saucy to entertain us. And where you get wakened with a "Canadian good morning." I'm sure you'll be just as happy in your tent.

Me: (laughing, shaking my head, and muttering under my breath) I wasn't exactly thinking of my choice in those terms....

SG: I'm happy to help clarify things for you. I'd go visit Saucy on my own - but it's more fun to watch your reaction. Next time for sure. And maybe this will be the time you find a wood nymph who can take care of you.

Me: Seems unlikely. But hope springs eternal. And I'll tell you all about it if I do!

1 comment: