Pages

Friday, June 27, 2014

FFF: All Aboard


I'd heard the talk that air travel was the way of the future, but it seemed hard to imagine that it could be as civilized as going by train. I made my way through the terminal at Penn Station and boarded the Broadway Limited. New York to Chicago in 15 hours, arriving at 8am. Why would anyone want to get there faster than that?

Besides, there were other luxuries I bet you couldn't get on an airplane.

"Miss Morgenstern, I'm going to order a martini from the club car while we review the Amalgamated Products file. We meet with the vice president at 9am, and the numbers have to be right."

"I've already double and triple checked them, sir. Everything's in order. Your presentation is ready."

"Excellent. Perhaps you'd like a drink too?"

She caressed my leg with her foot, starting at my ankle...then moving higher. "I took the liberty of having our drinks and dinner sent to our berth. I thought we might want a little...privacy."

"Yes," I winked, "we might."

The whistle blew as we came out of the tunnel. The clouds were parting and the sun was low in the west. Fifteen hours to Chicago. Perfect.

(200 words)



The challenge this week was:

Key Words: Parting, Station (check)
Word Limit: 200 (check)
Forbidden Words: Discreet, Forbidden, Tryst (check)
Extra Credit: Name the train and the destination (check)

Go see Advizor to see who else is participating.

4 comments:

  1. I wish my work involved such trips... great take! So fun FFFing with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right. There is no need to rush the business of travel, enjoy the sights and sensations along the way. Thanks for joining in!!!

    ReplyDelete