Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Still Alive

Is there anything more boring or self-indulgent than the blogger writing about why he isn't blogging? No, not many things. But since I've already started down that path, here's the condensed version, before you click over to a blog with something interesting to say: I'm fine, and hope to be writing more soon.

For anyone still reading, first of all, thank you for keeping me on your reading list. I'm alive and well. Life is generally good. I'm as beastly as ever (as reported by those in a position to know), and I have fantasies, observations, and real-life adventures to share.

So if that's true, then why aren't I writing? I'm not sure the answer to that. When I look back at when I wrote 10, 12, or 15 posts per month, I don't know how I did that. That took a lot of energy - but it wasn't a struggle, it was what I really wanted to do. I can't seem to muster that energy now.

One thing I can say for certain - this blog isn't going anywhere. I like what I've written, and I like being able to look back over it. And I hardly ever look at blog stats like I used to, but when I do, I'm pleased (and kinda amazed) to see that people still read my stories. I guess if I ever run for the U.S. Senate, I'll have to take the blog down for safety's sake - but barring that *extremely* unlikely occurrence, I'm not going anywhere.

I know that blogs (and especially sex blogs) age in dog years. My four-year blogoversary was in April, which I think means that a pretty young nurse will wheel me into the seniors section of Blogger (strained carrots for dinner, long rambling stories of the good old days and how it used to be on Blogger - just be sure to get me back to my room in time for Wheel of Fortune!)

Anyway, enough rambling. I'm alive, I'm well, and I hope to write more...though I have no promises or predictions of that actually happening.

7 comments:

  1. I think like everything else, there's an ebb and a flow...but I can totally relate. I tend not to have much to say when I am in a happy state of mind.

    Glad to know you're sticking around though--and I'll watch for your name on the ballot ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You're back! I'm glad to see you alive and kicking still.

    But I know what you mean about losing the writing mojo. I lost mine and blog isn't even a year old yet! Congrats on 4 years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Wheel of Fortune my Ass you little whipper-snapper! We're watching that lovely spelling show with Vanna White."

    4 years? You are but a pup. My wheel chair is older than your blog, but welcome to the old folks home anyway.

    It's good to know you are still out there having adventures. I struggle with what and why to write. it's fun, i like it, but i have so little time or energy to even read that my writing slows to a stop. The only thing keeping my blog alive now is 20+ posts i wrote a year ago but never posted.

    Glad you are OK, write when you can. We'll stick around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any word from you is...a breath of fresh air. Well, it's more like a fiery sigh, if truth be told.

    I'm glad you're around, having cheeky adventures. And since my blog is over 4, perhaps we should be neighbours in the home... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update! Glad to know you are alive and well and sanguine about it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, what's this I hear? First sex blogger to run for US Senate?
    Imagine the scandals: "Senator Satyr admits that it has been three days since he had sex"...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find that Life gets in the way sometimes...

    Sometimes, stories and ideas come at us at a rate we can hardly manage... other times, no...

    This last year has been a difficult one in so many ways...

    But it will straighten out... things will get better...

    Hell, I wouldn't mind a post about how the mandolin project is coming along...

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete