Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Five Times a Week

I just saw this on my Facebook feed. The journal reference is here.

Key results and conclusions:
Men who averaged five or more ejaculations weekly in their 20s had an odds ratio (95% confidence interval) of 0.66 (0.49–0.87) compared with those who ejaculated less often.

Ejaculatory frequency, especially in early adult life, is negatively associated with the risk of prostate cancer....
If this is true, then the odds are definitely in my favor. In my 20's, I'm pretty sure I was averaging seven times or more per week. I'm not in my 20's any more - but I think I'd better keep up the five times per week, just to be safe.

I love it when science recommends that I do what I'm already doing. :-)

3 comments:

  1. I was only following doctor's orders dear!!! She was as a "Prostate health facilitator...." I swear.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Science is an amazing thing... ;o)

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I've been doing my bit for science. Glad to help keep men on the right side of the odds! Thanks for today's giggle Max!

    ReplyDelete