Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Orgasm-powered Cloudbuster

Just in case you need a quick laugh.

I came across an article in Slate titled Dr. Wilhelm Reich's Orgasm-Powered Cloudbuster, and you don't think I'm not clicking on that, do you?

Apparently Dr. Reich, an early psychoanalyst and a contemporary of Freud, believed that orgasmic energy could control the weather. The device pictured at right is one of his actual cloudbusters, at the site of his Maine laboratory.

Now, I've had plenty of orgasms that felt like they might have the power to control the weather...or maybe even alter the space/time continuum. But even I wouldn't go this far!

5 comments:

  1. Lol..i'm picturing that scene in Groundhog Day where Bill Murray is singing "I make the weather!"

    So if you want rain..squirt. If you need sunshine..pray no one cums today? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So everyone where I live needs to quit having sex so that I can actually get some rain in this desert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I first stumbled across this in a fab sex doco and almost fell off my chair in a fit of giggles (their graphics and reenactments also helped)!

    Now, about your possible ability to alter the space/time continuum... I think I may need to help you quantify that theory... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the best line of research ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting. He wasn't so far out there in esoteric terms. Sexual energy is the creative energy of our Universe...so in that respect, the potential is there! The question is, how to direct that orgasmic power where you need it most. Much of tantra is about reserving one's orgasms so that the energy can be brought up the spine and used to elevate one's consciousness. Doesn't sound fun, does it? Anyway, now I must read the article too! :) Thanks Max!

    ReplyDelete