Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

FFF: Ingénue


Thirty minutes to curtain, and the backstage area was chaos - dancers stretching and checking makeup, musicians warming up, and the general crackle of pre-show tension. I made my way through the bustle and strode purposefully to the prima ballerina's dressing room.

I knocked and entered, and found her doing her hair and makeup. What I wasn't expecting was her mother...who seemed to be expecting me, and was glaring daggers.

"Don't think I don't know what's going on."

I smiled at my star. "Do you want to tell her our arrangement? Or should I?"

Mom erupted in a fury. "She's the Sugar Plum Fairy because she's the best dancer, and the best one for the part."

I smiled. "She's a good dancer and a good fit for the part. But so were many others at the audition. I think your daughter should tell you what she said to me in private after her audition."

Mom decided she'd had enough and stormed past me, slamming the door and muttering that I hadn't heard the end of this.

I looked at my ingénue. "She didn't want to hear it, but I want to hear it again. What did you say to me?"

She gave me a self-confident grin. "I told you that I'm not only the best dancer, but also the best fuck. And if I got the lead role, that you could take me however you like before every performance."

"Good girl. Now you'd better finish getting ready, curtain is in 20 minutes."

(251 words)



The challenge this week was:

Word Limit - 444
Required Phrase - Ingénue (pronounced an-zhuh-noo) (check)
Forbidden Words - Mirror, Pasta, Doggie, Tutu (check)
25 bonus words - Share an experience that happened at a performance (n/a)
Extra Credit - Explain where her mother is (25 extra words) (I earned the extra credit, but didn't use it)

Go see Advizor to see who else is participating.

5 comments:

  1. Not quite the ingenue her mother thinks she is, is she? That's okay, she'll have fun this way. Great story, especially with so few words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's get to the point, shall we? She's good, but not "that" good until she goes the extra mile. I love how the mom never wants to believe it about her little girl.

    Great entry, even if it came in a little late. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! We had the same perk in mind, but yours just keeps on giving! Yum. Great take. So fun FFFing with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My voice coach has told me offten...follow the money trail, that would be her benifactor. Oh i said because she really was not that good. But what does it matter really the ----really needed that $100,000.00 donation. Lol good story, and i lije how you gave to the mother from the daughters own lips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh! Got the bitch part down right too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete