Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Chance Encounter

It was an informal end-of-the-school-year party at the house we were renting - just an excuse to get together and relax and drink some beer after finals. All of the core gang was there, plus a number of friends of friends - the more the merrier. It was cool for a May evening, so the party was inside.

We ran into each other getting refills on our drinks. I didn't know her, and it turns out she was an exchange student wrapping up her one semester here, and was getting on a plane the next morning to go back home. It was one of those things where you just feel a *spark* from the first time you meet their eye. We talked, and the rest of the world seemed to melt away. It felt like a palpable physical force - magnetic, electric.

She put her hand on my arm, and it seemed to crackle. We talked, laughed, flirted, touched. I don't know if I initiated it or not, but then we were kissing, and I thought I might die if I had to stop kissing her. I had just enough presence of mind to suggest we get out of there, and she breathlessly agreed.

We practically ran out the front door, and we attacked each other under the big maple tree in the front yard. We fucked right there on the ground, in the darkness, then we ran back to her room and fucked all night - only coming up for air when she had to leave for the airport.

It was a one-time thing, and we both knew it. That made it all the more exciting. It's a very sweet memory.

----------

Or I should say, it's a very sweet imagining.

The May topic for Kat's blog chain is "What's on your sexual bucket list? Is there something (or someone) you want to do before you leave this world that you haven't had the chance to try yet?"

I thought about this, and my answer is the scenario above - the unexpected and unplanned chance encounter, that irresistible spark of electricity that leads to a one-time-only encounter. Like the fictional story above.

Of course I've been in situations where we both felt that electric connection - but as a young man I was too timid or hung up or worried about the aftermath to take things to their logical conclusion. My rational brain has trouble disconnecting - there's always "what does this *mean*?" or "what about tomorrow?" So part of the fantasy is being completely *here* *now* - feeling that connection and just going with it, with the rational brain shut off. No meaning, no tomorrow.

This isn't something I'm actively looking to do - I realize this is pure fantasy. But if you ask me what experience I wish I'd had - this is it.

4 comments:

  1. What a great memory, err, imagining... That magic moment is so special, and yes, youth is wasted on the young. if only I knew then what i know now.

    A great entry, and I can't believe I missed another month. This "full time job" crap is really cramping my style.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this fantasy with the exchange student.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowing it'll never happen again opens things up quite a bit - loosens the inhibitions and allows you to just "be". It's a nice thought, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whether fantasy or reality, this is sweet and very sexy indeed...

    ReplyDelete