Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

TMI Tuesday: Then and Now

1. What one part of your sex life today would most surprise the 17 year old you?
The fact that I have one. Also that it's continued to get better and better, and that it's a very significant part of who I am. At 17, that was urgently hoped for, but by no means assumed.

2. What one thing might shock that younger you?
How my attitude toward sexuality has changed. I grew up fairly repressed - that wasn't drilled into me by parents or church, as it seems to be with many people - but I had a lot of ideas of right/wrong, should/shouldn't, and very narrow ideas of what was acceptable. I have difficulty now trying to put myself in that mindset, even as an intellectual exercise. Just about everything about the current me would be shocking to the younger me: my comfort with my body and my sexuality, and my firmly-held opinion that whatever happens between consenting adults is fine.

3. What part of the younger you’s (not necessarily at age 17) sex life do you look back on with the most nostalgia?
Nothing.

4. Is there anything in the younger you’s sexual ambitions or fantasies you have not yet fulfilled?
No. My actual experiences have been more and better than I ever dared hope.

Bonus: Give your 17 year old self a piece of sexual advice.
Do not under any circumstances marry your first regular sexual partner. Gratitude for regular sex isn't love, and isn't enough to base trying to set up a life together. But I wouldn't have taken that advice - some things you have to learn by experiencing them.



How to play TMI Tuesday: Copy the above TMI Tuesday questions to your webspace (i.e., a blog). Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below, on this blog post, so we'll all know where to read your responses. Please don't forget to link to tmituesdayblog from your website!

3 comments:

  1. Love the answer to #4 - so true, so true and I wish someone had given me the advice in your bonus answer when I was 17.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good read.

    So glad you came to your senses about how good sex is and that exploration enhances the experience.

    -H

    ReplyDelete