Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Blog Chain: "Back to School"

The September edition of Kat's blog chain is now posted. This month's topic is "back to school" or "the one that got away." My entry is here, and I'll add a postscript to my story, below.

If you haven't joined in yet, why not join next month's edition? The subject will be "hot sex with the spouse."

Full blog chain details are here.


College Memory Postscript
Inevitably, me and my SCGC girlfriend broke up after graduation. But one of my buddies and one of the SCGC girls stayed together, got married, and are still married (and happily, by all indications.) So I've heard news of her over the years - just the most basic news, that's she's married, has kids, lives a few hours away.

My buddy usually throws at least one big BBQ every summer, and I used to wonder if I'd see her. But she never came, and I stopped thinking about it. Until a few years ago, when to my surprise, I bumped right into her. We were both alone at the moment, and we hugged and caught up for a few minutes, and that was that.

I thought "I have to tell the Sensual Goddess about this!", as she knew about her and had always said she'd be curious to see her. I got delayed by something, and by the time I got back to the main gathering...yep, like something straight out of a sitcom - there the two of them were, sitting next to each other at one table, part of a group of ladies chatting away. There was no more room at that table for me, so I sat down with my friends and tried to make eye contact and let her know that she was sitting right next to my old college girlfriend.

Of course I couldn't get her attention, though I was willing her with all my might to look over at me. But she never did, and when I finally told her later, her reaction was "Why didn't you tell me?!?" When she realized I tried and couldn't, we laughed and laughed. She said it was just general ladies' chit-chat. But we laughed all the way home about the things she could have said if she'd known.

She still laughs about how much she wishes she could have hinted to my old college girlfriend about how much she'd missed.

2 comments:

  1. LMBO!!! Great story, Max!! I liked the prelude to this one as well...

    Too bad you weren't able to relay the message to the Sensual Goddess. ;oD

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is delicious! I adore hearing "the rest of the story." Glad that SG was so calm about it.

    ReplyDelete