Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

"Blackbird"

I realize I haven't posted a "dash of happy" song in a while. It's not because there's any lack of good music - it's just general busyness, and I guess I also haven't heard a song that made me think, "yes, that's the one!" Well, this week, I heard one.

I'm a big Sarah McLachlan fan. As far as I'm concerned, what's not to like? She has the voice of an angel, she's a great songwriter and a talented musician - oh yeah, and she's also beautiful and sexy as hell. And she's from the country where I hold honourary citizenship.

I discovered her version of The Beatles' "Blackbird" this week, and I've been playing it again and again. Actually, I should say I re-discovered her version, because I was at her concert on the 2004 tour when it came to my city, and she sang this song, accompanied by the acoustic guitarist. I was knocked out then, and I'm knocked out now.

Hearing (and watching) this makes me smile. And if you're wondering if my imagination is good enough to picture myself as the guitar player sitting next to Sarah at center stage - yeah, it's easily good enough. :-)

Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. I love her too!! I never saw her in concert though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never heard her version of "Blackbird" before. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listening to this makes me happy. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete