Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

High Leather Boots, Again

Last night, I stopped in a local brew-pub with some friends. We had ordered our beers and settled into conversation when an attractive young lady wearing jeans and high leather boots came in and walked past our group. The guy I was talking with is younger than me, single, and not too subtle, and his head swiveled as she walked past. I'm a bit sneakier cooler, and was able to follow her with my eyes (and also take in my friend's reaction) without swiveling my head.

When she was out of sight, he turned to me with an appreciative smile, and I laughed out loud. I don't remember which of us said it first, but we agreed enthusiastically that jeans and high leather boots are a killer combination.

I'm not a "foot" or "footwear" guy. An attractive woman is attractive whether she's wearing boots, shoes, sandals, sneakers, or no shoes at all. And I don't really care about heels - high heels, low heels, flats...it's all the same to me. But there's just something about high leather boots that I really like - and that I also can't explain why I like.

Looking back, I see that I wrote a virtually identical post last year about this time. And I'll probably write another one next year.

My fingers are crossed that high leather boots never go out of style.

4 comments:

  1. LOL! You are sneakier... Umm... I mean cooler! I do remember your past post of the woman with the boots. Note to self: Buy some high leather boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that look. For me today she was in boots and leggings and ordering a large coffee with double cream. I almost wet my pants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I whole heatedly agree that it's a sexy look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd write the same comment. I can't find a sexy pair (and mostly am unable to wear that kinda look), but it looks sexy on others who wear it well.

    ReplyDelete