Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

"It Was a Very Good Year"

For my "dash of happy" song on this New Year's Eve, I'm going to go with Frank Sinatra's "It Was a Very Good Year." The lyrics don't especially apply to my thoughts today, but it's a great song (who can resist Frankie?), and the title is just too appropriate to pass up. Because it truly has been a very good year - both personally and blog-wise.

I'm planning to celebrate tonight by rocking the house. I must have been a reasonably good boy this year, as Santa managed to fit a new amplifier down the chimney. It's a sweet-sounding big boy (though, disappointingly, it doesn't go to 11), and me and the band will be playing a house party, surrounded by good friends. We'll have to work on a blues version of Auld Lang Syne to play at midnight (no, not really.)

I wish everyone a fun New Year's Eve, and a happy, healthy, and love-filled New Year.

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!

    ...and yes, we need a blues version of Auld Lang Syne.

    -H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frankie is the perfect choice for me too.

    A very Happy New Year to you, Max!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, who can resist Frankie. ;-)

    have a wonderful celebration. happy new year 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! May you vibrate the pictures off the walls! Oh, and don't forget what nice deep vibrations do for women. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love Old Blue Eyes! And we love the Spinal Tap reference.

    Happy New Year, Max!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you an awesome year, Max. :)

    ReplyDelete