Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

"Hold On, I'm Coming"

Sam & Dave, if remembered at all these days, are probably best known for singing the original "Soul Man", long before it was covered by the Blues Brothers. But they weren't one-hit wonders, their greatest hits disc is fantastic high-energy music from beginning to end.

This Saturday's "dash of happy" is "Hold On, I'm Coming", my favorite Sam & Dave song. I remember hearing it for the first time at a college party and grabbing my friend and demanding to know the name of the song and who sang it.

I couldn't possibly hear that opening horn riff and not start moving.  And the double entendres available from the lyrics just make it that much more fun.

Happy Saturday!

4 comments:

  1. this was fun to listen to. you're right, i start moving from the very beginning of the song. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember singing I'm a soul man, in my still girly high voice... Then the hormones kicked in..

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-)

    This made me move...and very happy.

    -H

    ReplyDelete