Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Flashed on an Airplane

I was reading Advizor's post where he mentions sitting next to a beautiful blonde on a flight, and it spurred a memory that I had almost forgotten about.

This happened many years ago. I was in Florida for a work conference, and the incident happened on the flight home. I settled into my seat, and a very attractive young lady took the seat next to me. If I was around 30, she had to have been in her early 20's, and she was the whole package - cute face, bright smile, lithe little body.

Now in public situations, I really do think I give off some aura of invisibility - I'm quiet and mind my own business, and that suits me fine. But this young thing, much to my surprise, struck up a conversation, and we chatted easily for most of a three-hour flight. We talked about everything. She told me about her boyfriend, and asked about my wife and gushed over pictures of my baby. There was even a subtle whiff of flirtatiousness - no, she wasn't throwing herself at me - but it felt very nice indeed to get some interested attention from a young hottie.

And then she did something that shocked me to my core. She reached down to the hem of her long skirt, pulled it all the way up to her waist, and took it off!!! I couldn't believe my eyes. What was she doing?!? *Why* was she doing this? I couldn't have been more shocked or confused. The look on my face must have been priceless.

And then I realized that it wasn't a skirt - she had a sweater draped over her legs, and she simply picked up the sweater, revealing her shapely legs...and the shorts she was wearing.

If she noticed my reaction to her removing her "skirt", she didn't let on. We continued talking happily, and when the flight landed, we said affectionate good-bye's and went our separate ways. She was a lovely girl and a pleasant traveling companion. And I'll never forget my shock on being "flashed" in an airplane.

5 comments:

  1. LOL! I wouldn't forget that, either, if I'd seen it, too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We see in the world around us what we want most to see..... What a great memory, I'm glad I got it going...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You saw what you thought you were seeing, not what you were really seeing! :) Yep, the faces we make when that happens must be so priceless.

    ReplyDelete