Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

"Rockin' Down the Highway"

I was thinking about a "dash of happy" song for today, and my first thought was "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band", as a clever(?) follow-up to my Twenty Years Ago Today post. And that is a happy song - but I decided on something else.

I'll be spending many many hours this weekend driving, in order to help some family members who really need the help. There will almost certainly be some time for a nice meal and some laughs with some wonderful in-laws. But there's going to be a whole lot of time on the road, and a lot of hard work to do in a short time while there.

There are a lot of good happy road songs, but the one that's in my head now is The Doobie Brothers' "Rocking' Down the Highway".
Got those highway blues, can't you hear my motor runnin'
Flyin' down the road with my foot on the floor
Yep, that'll be me, flyin' down the road with my foot on the floor. :-)

Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. As soon as I saw the title of your post, that was the song that popped into my head!!

    Happy Saturday...

    Namaste...

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time I'm hearing this song. This is a happy song. I trust you had a good trip, good time and that everything went smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "foot on the floor"? not speeding, are you?! :)

    I love highway drives... I usually get lost in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete