Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

"Righteous"

At the risk of sounding like a curmudgeonly old man, I can remember when the only way to see a musician play was to wait for them to come to my town, buy a ticket, and go see the show. Through the miracle of YouTube, I can now see just about anyone I want without leaving my fortress of solitude. And when I stop to think about it, that's pretty amazing - and I spend more time than I probably should watching concert footage of a wide variety of bands and artists.

For my Saturday "dash of happy", I'll pick Eric's Johnson's "Righteous". He's an amazingly-talented guitar player - and as someone who occasionally picks up a guitar, watching someone of this caliber partly inspires me, and partly makes me feel like I have five thumbs on each hand. It mostly inspires me. And makes me very happy to be able to watch such talent.

Addendum: if you like this clip of Eric Johnson, check out his cover of Jimi Hendrix's "Are You Experienced?", from the same concert.

Happy Saturday!

4 comments:

  1. Very cool. Glad to see I'm not the only sometime guitar player who watches one of the greats and suddenly feels like he's all thumbs. Thanks for sharing the clip.

    -Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. first time i'm learning about eric johnson. i enjoyed watching him play his guitar, especially on Are You Experienced.

    and you're right about youtube. miraculous, ain't it? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man... watching that makes me wanna sell all of my gear... :o(

    Unbelievable!!!

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete