Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Almost Heaven

I just finished reading through the "dash of happy" rules and regulations, and while there's a lot of impenetrable legalese (and in French!), I couldn't find anything saying that "happy" posts have to be on a Saturday. Since I was traveling and mostly offline over the weekend, I see no reason not to make a "happy" post now.

My choice for a happy song this week is John Denver's "Country Roads." I've loved this song since I was a boy, have played it recently with a group, and the opening lyrics describe the part of the country I was in over the weekend:
Almost heaven, West Virginia
Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
The Blue Ridge mountains were a gorgeous mix of reds, yellows, oranges, and greens, and the Shenandoah River was clear and sparkling with reflected sunlight. I had the chance to hike some mountain trails, and it didn't feel like "almost heaven" - it felt like the real thing.

Happy Saturday Tuesday!

7 comments:

  1. LOL! You're right. There's nothing that says you have to post on Saturdays. I posted on Sunday. haha!

    I've always enjoyed this song. It's definintely a feel good song for me. How wonderful you were able to hike the mountain trails. How wonderful to feel like the real thing.

    Continue to have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that dash - it's a great choice. I love John Denver. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have a John Dever vinyl LP with this song on it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The views and the music a great reason for a little dash of happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always liked John denver because of his work with the muppets. his christmas album with them is one of my favorites. growing up with him on the record player, his songs bring back a lot of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although the song is slightly geographically misleading. The Shenandoah River and the Blue Ridge just barely glance off the state. Glad you were in the neighborhood!

    Next time tell me when you are stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete