Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

TMI Tuesday, 8/30/11

TMI Tuesday: "I Love Music" Edition

1. What’s the most annoying song in the world?
Wow, there are so many, I'm not sure I can pick one. Most pop schlock is highly annoying.

2. What’s the saddest song in the world?
The Who, "The Song is Over".

3. What’s the sexiest song in the world?
I'm drawing a blank....  I'm tempted to say "Closer", but that's more nasty than sexy. This song isn't "sexy", it's a schlocky 80's metal song, but it always will be sexy in my mind. I was driving home on a hot summer night just after losing my virginity, and it came on the radio. I was feeling like the king of the world, and I turned it up loud. My buddies always teased me for liking that song, but they never knew the association it had for me. :-)

4. Name a new, to you, band or music artist that you can’t get enough of? Post a link to one of their songs.
I'm not sure there's anyone I can't get enough of, but there are a few new people I'm enjoying: Mumford and Sons, the Tedeschi Trucks Band, Teddy Thompson, Eric Johnson.

5. Have you met any famous musicians?
No. I've never met anyone famous, period. And not sure I want to.

6. What song best describes your life?
Hmmmm.... Maybe the Beatles "In My Life" (as tempted as I am to say "Back Door Man" or "Big Ten Inch Record". :-))

7. How important is your partner’s taste in music to you?
Very. It would be hard to be with someone if I really disliked what they listened to.

8. Do you sing in the shower?
No, only in the car. I can't carry a tune at all.

9. What was the last live music show you attended? Did you buy a t-shirt?
Tedeschi Trucks Band. Great show. No t-shirt.

10. What’s the sweetest song in the world?
Maybe this one? No, I think this one.

11. Can you play a musical instrument? Which one?
Yes, electric bass and guitar (and a few others, but not as well.)

12. Are you in a band or are you a performing solo music artist? If yes, what kind of music do you play?
I play guitar in a band. We play classic rock and blues covers.

13. Have you ever dated a musician?
No.

14. Are you a groupie?
- If yes, for what artist/band?
- If no, do you wish you were and for what music performing artist or band?
No. Can a man be a groupie? :-) I would have followed Led Zeppelin around in the 70's. Well, I would have if I wasn't in grade school/middle school at the time....

Bonus: Describe your worst, best, strangest, funniest or saddest concert moment.
My best, worst, and saddest concert moment all happened on the same night. My first-ever concert - Aerosmith, in the late 70's, when I was 14 years old. They were my first musical love, and I fell hard. When they came around, me and my friends got tickets, and I couldn't have been more excited. When the band hit the stage, I thought I had died and gone to heaven - it was the coolest, most intense thing I had ever experienced. Six songs into the show, someone threw a beer bottle from the balcony, and it hit the stage, exploding, and sending glass shards into Steven Tyler's face. That's it, show over. I was *crushed*....

Bonus, Bonus: If you listen to the radio, what station and type of music are you tuned to the most?
Classic rock or alternative (there's a great college radio station in my city.)

Go to TMI Tuesday to see who else is playing.

4 comments:

  1. 2. The lyrics are sad but the music goes against that mood.

    3. Yeah, dirty and filty. Me likey. *big cheesy grin*

    4. Mumford and Sons were just on....Conan? Letterman? One of those late night guys.

    6. LOL

    7. I agree.

    8. yes, I sing there too.

    10. I vote for "You make lovin' fun"
    a. I like that moog or bass or whatever that is
    b. I have always liked Christine McVie
    Rumours was one of the first albums that I bought with my very own money :)

    11. *swoon*

    12. Oh how very fun! I love the blues

    Bonus: Oh wow...how very sad and scary. Too bad your magical experience ended like that. And folks this is why bottles and hard objects are not allowed in at large gatherings.

    Bonus, bonus: I'd be glued to the college radio station.

    Happy TMI Tuesday Max...this was fun!

    -H

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6- I love 'In My Life', ever since I first heard it as a young'un.

    10- LOL! They're BOTH sweet songs. ;-)

    11- Guitar players are sexy.

    12- Guitar players in a band are even hotter. ;-)

    Bonus: That was sad! Who would do a dumbass move like that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope I can be your groupie when your band hits the road!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL on 6 & 10 !! :)
    Bonus- that sucks!! So sad...
    ~viemoira

    ReplyDelete