Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

"Simple Things"

For my Saturday "dash of happy", I'm going with the Tedeschi Trucks Band. This band is a new collaboration between singer Susan Tedeschi and guitarist Derek Trucks (who's played with Eric Clapton and The Allman Brothers, among others.) Their music is by turns soulful, funky, and bluesy - and happy.

I recently had the pleasure to see this band in concert, and I can't recommend them highly enough. The musicianship was impeccable, the music uplifting, and the band really was the happiest group of musicians I may have ever seen. They spent the whole two hours smiling, laughing, dancing, and generally acting like it was a great pleasure to be making music for an appreciative audience - which I have to think it was. That spirit of happiness is infectious.

Here is "Simple Things", from their new disc, Revelator.

Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. I love the lyrics!! Happy Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lyrics, too. First time I'm learning about this band. I like to learn something new and I'm enjoying listening to them this Sunday evening. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious song, great lyrics! Perfect for a Sunday night too : )

    ReplyDelete