Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

A Friend's Girlfriend (Part 2)

(Continued from here)

She phoned, and we arranged to meet at a restaurant near where she was staying. I told myself it wasn't a date - but it sure felt like one. We had a nice meal, and the conversation flowed effortlessly. We just seemed to click, and I was definitely feeling that electric spark.

In another section of the resaturant there was a DJ and a dance floor, and she asked if I would dance with her. I was thrilled to, and she said Tom didn't dance, and she really missed it.

She moved like a dream, and our eyes kept locking, and she kept smiling this little secret smile at me. I kept telling myself that this was my friend's girlfriend - but I kept answering myself that having a nice conversation and dancing wasn't betraying my friend.

I forget how she had gotten to the restaurant, but she didn't have a car and needed a ride back to her hotel, so we took the short drive. When we got there, she asked if I wanted to talk some more, and did I ever. It was a pleasant summer evening, so we started walking. Her hotel was in a quiet suburban area, and we found quiet tree-lined residential streets behind the hotel and walked slowly as we talked.

The conversation was amazing - we talked about everything, and I felt like I was opening my soul to this girl - and that she was the first girl who ever wanted me to open to her - the first girl who recognized that I had a depth I hadn't felt comfortable sharing with anyone before.

The tension was becoming unbearable as we walked, and I thought I might die if I didn't touch her. But I also thought I might die if I did. My conflict was not lost on her, and she laughed and asked why I was afraid to touch her? I don't remember what I answered, but next thing I knew, my arm was around her shoulder as we walked, her arm around my waist. It felt so damn good, but I knew I was on a slippery slope - a boundary had been crossed, and I could no longer pretend that nothing was happening. I don't think I've ever felt something that was so right and so wrong at the same time.

We walked some more, and the conversation and the touch of her body both felt like magic. Then we were back at the hotel, still arm in arm. She asked me to come in, and I couldn't possibly have said no.

(Continued here)

7 comments:

  1. This sounds like an amazing night so far. Can't wait to see which side wins out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You couldn't have said no? But of course not! :)
    C'mon, give us part 3!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you couldn't have said no. Please continue quickly with this story. I want more! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next chapter please~

    Have a nice weekend ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh... It's is cruel to make us wait this way... More, more, please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such temptation... How could you resist?

    Luckily, I don't need to have the same level of restraint since the next installment is waiting for me...

    ReplyDelete