Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Home Alone

This past weekend, I packed my family off to the beach for part of a week. Sadly, I wasn't able to go with them because of urgent work projects. I have to say that the beach vacation is not my idea of a dream vacation, but there are parts of it I do like - and it's also fun watching the family enjoy it. So I'm feeling a little sorry for myself, but also enjoying the time alone.

As they were preparing to leave, the Sensual Goddess took a cat aside, gave him some special loving, and told him to behave himself. I was sitting across the room watching this, and when she was finished, I assumed that I would be receiving similar instructions. But no, there was nothing.

Puzzled, I asked. "Hey, what about me? Aren't you going to tell me to behave while you're gone?"

She laughed and shook her head. "No, I know you're bad, and there's nothing I can do to change that."

It seems she knows me better than I thought.

9 comments:

  1. Cute and funny. Why isn't a beach vacation your ideal vacation? What is? Why am I asking so many questions this morning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very cute :D

    The cat playing nice with yas?? : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMBO!! It sounds as if she DOES know you!

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
  4. But did it make you a bit sad too? It seems perhaps you wish she had. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry, I'm sure she'll give you some very special loving when she comes back ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Funny. I agree with R., she'll give you some extra special loving when she returns. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I relate a lot to your mix of sadness for being alone and enjoyment of the extra free time. I've been in this boat a few times for prolonged or semi-prolonged periods and it's an odd state of mind. Wanna go grab a beer?

    The tough part is afterward when I try to explain to my Lovely Wife the part about enjoying the free time. ;)

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still think a cat is more stubborn than a man! No point in trying to reason with them (cats, that is). :)

    ReplyDelete