Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

"High Plains"

For my Saturday "dash of happy", I'm going with Philip Aaberg's "High Plains", because if all has gone according to plan, I should currently be on the High Plains - hiking, camping, relaxing, and enjoying an easy camaraderie with some very old friends. I hope to be hiking in the Black Hills, the Paha Sapa of the Lakota Sioux, and hope to climb to the place where Black Elk had his vision. Also on the agenda are sitting around a campfire in the evenings, marveling at a night sky that has so many more visible stars than in light-polluted suburbia, and sleeping in the open air.

I have some posts queued up for when I'm gone, just so you don't miss me too much. But for now, enjoy the beautiful piano music, and the slideshow of High Plains scenery.

Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. a nice and soothing music... thanks ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, to be a fly buzzing around that campfire.

    Have a wonderful time in the beautiful Plains...

    ReplyDelete