Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

"Green Eggs and Ham"

For this Saturday's "dash of happy" song, I'm going with the late lamented indie band, Moxy Fruvous. They were very clever and a lot of fun, and had developed a nice loyal following in the middle- to late-90's, before breaking up. They were also the funnest live band you ever saw, and me and the non-Sensual Goddess (pre-Sensual Goddess?) used to see them every time they came to town.

Their musical version of Dr. Seuss's "Green Eggs and Ham" was on a demo cassette (yes, cassette) that I picked up at a little club, after having been blown away by them as an opening act. This is a bouncy, happy, and very clever song - and never fails to bring a smile to my face.

Happy Saturday!

4 comments:

  1. I remember seeing them in a documentary about DNA. They sang a Gregorian chant about Gregor Mendel. Seemed quite talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't help but like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cassette? What's that? LOL
    Happy Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really only know them for King of Spain, but they've got a great sound.

    ReplyDelete