Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

FFF: After Class


A lazy spring afternoon, mere weeks away from high school graduation, and my mind was wandering even more than it usually did. I was doodling behind my propped-open textbook, half listening to the sexy young teacher, but mostly daydreaming.

My drawing was mostly done when I decided to make her a nurse this time. I added the cap and the rolling cart, and voila. I smiled to myself.

Lost in my reverie, I suddenly became aware that the class had gone silent. I twitched helplessly as I realized she was looking over my shoulder. Her look went from the drawing, to my face, back to the drawing. Her reaction was shock...mixed with something else.

She put her hand on my shoulder, the faintest hint of a smile on her face. "Please see me after class."



The challenge this week was: 69-139 words.
The phrase "...twitched helplessly..." must be used.
Go see Panser's Lair to see who else is participating!

11 comments:

  1. Very clever, Max! This made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if she'll be playing nurse after teaching you a few things. ;)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice take on it Max! We want part deux...

    ReplyDelete
  4. APPLAUSE!

    Very well written. A different take. Nice job.

    -H

    My Flash Fiction Friday is HERE:

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Again, a delightful piece. I'm enjoying all the stories today. I can just see the kid turning beet red...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to be a fly on the wall after class to see what happens. Love this story. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was fun and sexy.
    I had a crush on a couple teachers when i was in school. Would have loved to have stayed after class.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, when art mirrors life things are beautiful, but when it's the other way around things usually get exciting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you wrote this one well...

    happy writing ~

    ReplyDelete