Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Wealthy Soul

I've chosen my Saturday "dash of happy" song based on one specific lyric that really speaks to me. Bob Seger's "Travelin' Man/Beautiful Loser" is a great song from the classic rock era. The song as a whole isn't really happy or unhappy, but I just love these lines:
Sometimes at night, I see their faces
I feel the traces they've left on my soul
Those are the memories that make me a wealthy soul
That last line has been bouncing around in my head recently. I've been feeling very much blessed and grateful for the people in my life (both those here now, and those not here any longer), the experiences I've had, and the beautiful memories that I can call up in my mind's eye. In short, I'm feeling very much like a wealthy soul.

Happy Saturday!

4 comments:

  1. We have so much to be thankful for. Happy Saturday ~

    Thanks for the music clip

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great song! Happy Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this sentiment expressed Max . . . I echo your "wealthy soul" comment . . . Clearly you're vibrating in sync with the Cosmos . . . The ONLY way to do it my friend! :) Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are wonderful lyrics. The part about a "wealthy soul" is so true.

    ReplyDelete