Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Ogling a Bartender

...or "Thoughts As Time Passes"

Last night I had a number of hours to pass by myself in a lovely touristy area in a nearby city. The first order of business after completing errand #1 was food and drink. With many good options, I chose a beer-and-wings place on the waterfront, and found a place at the bar in front of a big-screen TV.

I couldn't help but notice that my bartender, Julia, was drop-dead gorgeous. Probably in her early 20's, with a smoking little body and mesmerizing cleavage. I know her name was Julia because of the name tag she was wearing on her left breast - if she'd been wearing it anywhere else, I might not have noticed it.

But I realized as I enjoyed my beer that I wasn't thinking of her in "that way." Of course I recognized that she was beautiful and sexy - basically this culture's ideal of desirable young womanhood. But my thoughts were more appreciating how beautiful she was, without the "Oh yeah, what I wouldn't give to x, y, and z with her." (Specifics of "x", "y", and "z" are left to the reader's imagination.)

I was half smiling to myself, and half a little sad (in a bittersweet way) to realize how the passage of years has changed my perspective on her. I also realized that many of my thoughts of her were paternal, and hoping that she's blessed with happiness in addition to beauty.

Of course, this isn't to say that if she had some serious Daddy issues and decided that what she needed more than anything was a roll in the sack with me...well, who would I be to deny a pretty thing such an experience? I'm not turning in my Horndog Society membership card just yet. But I realize that I just think about girls of that age, no matter how sexy, in a different way now. Sad, but true.

7 comments:

  1. No, not sad... maybe you prefer women with more life experience. :p

    Actually I always like to check out waitresses in bars too. Can women be horndogs? Can I sign up? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup...happens. But glad to see you'd be willing to help with "Daddy" issues! Lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are maturing so its expected that our taste and preference changes. About this ,however, if I see a young and hot stud, I let my young fangirl come to the fore. Like you, I prefer a little experience ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think that's sad. It makes you even more attractive. It means you think about more than looks, you have a brain, and you have integrity. That's a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I also tend to think that more mature women or men are more attractive, but then when a young man shows some interest.... lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i expect to receive my horndog membership in the mail any time now.

    i think this is a sweet post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! How sad. Lucky for me, I'm well past my early 20s. :-*

    ReplyDelete