Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

"Dancing Days"

I've chosen my Saturday "dash of happy" song based on the fact that we're enjoying the longest days of the year (here in the Northern hemisphere.) Led Zeppelin's "Dancing Days" has lyrics that seem to fit:
Dancing days are here again,
As the summer evenings grow.
I got my flower, I got my power,
I got a woman who knows.
These are the carefree days of summer, and even though it's been many years since I got a summer vacation, the memories of long summer evenings are sweet indeed.  As a boy, that meant "school's out", running around in the woods, playing baseball, and catching fireflies.  As a teen, those memories also include the chasing (and occasional catching!) of sweet young ladies.

Those are happy memories of dancing days.

Happy Saturday!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Saturday and happy summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Led Zeppelin! Happy saturday & happy summer!! It's pretty beautiful up here. Hope you are enjoying your weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete