Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

"Get Down Tonight"

Reaching all the way back to the disco era, my "dash of happy" song this week is Get Down Tonight by KC and The Sunshine Band. I was too young for the disco era to have meant anything to me, though Saturday Night Fever was the first R-rated movie I ever saw (we were way younger than the required age of 17, and I forget if we snuck in, or if the theater just didn't care and sold us the tickets.)

Anyway, I had long-since forgotten about this song, but then it was used in a beer commercial a few years ago, and I realized I really liked the energy and the mood. And who can argue with the lyrics?
Do a little dance
Make a little love
Get down tonight

4 comments:

  1. I love that song - a classic at office parties and weddings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely a "dash of happy" song! yes! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh God! Memories of disco nights fever!!! I just recently heard oldies of the 80's, there were artists and bands I barely remembered, but KC and the Sunshine Band are an old time's favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i roller skated to this tune. love it!

    ReplyDelete