Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

FFF: Yellow Eyes


Take 1: "Retreat"
A chance conversation at the local pub had turned into an evening of flirting, shooting pool, and shots of tequila. Now we were back at her apartment, kissing frantically and shedding clothes as we made our way back to the bedroom. Stumbling into the bedroom, my yellow eyes blinked as they focused on the print above her bed. Ten seconds later I was gathering my clothes and retreating toward the door, telling her I was terribly sorry, but I forgot how early I had to be up in the morning.



Take 2: "Tamed"
How the wheel of karma turns...the endless cycle of cause and effect. I had tamed her in our last lifetime together, when I had the form of a man. But the passion between us was too intense and spilled over into rage, violence. Now I was reborn in a different form, and it was my turn to be tamed. But as my yellow eyes blinked, I knew that I still longed to devour her.



Take 3: "Jaded"
If she wasn't so jaded, she would have laughed out loud at what a perfect setup line it had been.

"No," she purred evilly, "My tiger doesn't bite."

Shortly after, with his neck in the tiger's jaws, his fading yellow eyes blinked and met hers. She laughed at the unspoken question, and blew a puff of smoke in his face.

"But this isn't my tiger."

(With apologies to Peter Sellers.)



The challenge this week was: 60-99 words.
The phrase "...yellow eyes blinked..." must be used.
Go see Panser's Lair to see who else is participating!

6 comments:

  1. The third one is going to be the one you get all the comments for, but while I was slightly confused by the first and enjoyed the second, the third was about where I'm at today ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, loved all three. #1... the unexpected chance of death at her hands... 2. Purrrre lust. 3, a riot! Thank you for a lovely trio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked #2 the best, but I'll admit to re-reading #3 in a bad french accent and laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm digging the third one best.

    The first one took me a couple reads to get what was going on, but I really had a hard time deciding if that was my fave after I got it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know how much I like karma-related stuff, so I really enjoyed #2 with the also implied search of 2 souls thru time. I can provide French accent for the 3rd one, lol.

    ReplyDelete