Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

FFF: Sorcerer's Wedding


I was disappointed, and she knew it. My bride-to-be needed a perfect pentagram painted on her back before she donned the black wedding gowns, and the new apprentice had botched it badly. I called for the old sorceress, bade her do the job properly, and fitted the apprentice with a tight neck ring as punishment. I saw the defiance in her eyes, and resolved to teach her a few things just as soon as the bacchanalia was over.



The challenge this week was: 60-80 words.
The phrase "...[noun] in her eyes..." must be used.
Go see Panser's Lair to see who else is participating!

8 comments:

  1. Yum, bacchanalia. There should be more weddings like that. Oh, wait, sorry, I wasn't paying attention. Where was I? I'd love to know just why the bride needed a perfect pentagram; perhaps in long-form you could enlighten us about the proceedings ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling the new apprentice did that on purpose to get some attention. ;-) She DOES have a look of defiance in her eyes. Happy FFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved it! Once again, the story from a different perspective than expected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Th pentagram and the black dress? Sounds utterly pagen and I love it. I have a feelnig the old witch will be taking out her discipline on the young apprentice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this was amazing! i loved the hint at a such a rich story behind this and that the apprentice is in for it later? uh oh... :P

    great job on this one Max :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And you'd be just the man to hand out the punishment... Wonderfully evocative, Max.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do we bring a lamb to sacrifice too? It seems there's a wedding theme to your week! :)

    ReplyDelete