Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

FFF: April Fool's


We sat in the smoky haze of the bar, waiting for our table. With an evil grin, she leaned over and whispered in my ear.

"I hate to spoil the surprise, but I want you thinking about this all during dinner. When we get back to the hotel later, I have a birthday gift set up for you. You'll find a big-breasted brunette lounging on a bearskin rug, waiting for you. Waiting for you to take her in any nasty way you want. I'll watch or join in as you wish."

I pondered this. An unfortunate side effect of having a birthday today is the playing of April Fool's birthday pranks.

It was my turn for an evil grin, and I raised an eyebrow as I whispered back into her ear.

"I'm not sure how I'll be able to make it through dinner with that vision in my head. But if we get back there and things aren't *exactly* as you say, I'll blister your ass."

She just smiled her Chesire Cat smile. Either way, it would be an evening to remember.



Commentary: I know that restaurant bars are non-smoking now (at least everywhere I've been,) but it's the best I could do with the required phrase. Also, it's not actually my birthday today. :-)



The challenge this week was: 100-200 words.
The phrase "...smoky haze..." must be used.
Go see Panser's Lair to see who else is participating!

10 comments:

  1. Maybe it's a bar with a smoke machine? Maybe the air quality is really bad there. Maybe there was just a grease fire in the kitchen?

    I can rationalize anything, particularly if it helps make a scene like this possible ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I like when you have those evil grins in your stories!! It means it's only going to get better. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a birthday and April Fool's celebration it's going to be. Either way, they'll have fun! I had fun reading this. Happy FFF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe the restaurant isn't in the United Nanny States of American Babies, but hey, that's just my opinion...

    As I was writing I never made the connection to April Fool's day, but I'm glad you did because this is a great spin on the story. It also made me smile because it sounds an awful lot like a "test" that a jealous or suspicious wife would setup for her husband on his birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really giggled at the ending. That's a damn good April Fools joke for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Lovely! Don't care why there was smoke in the air. The thought of such a tease is delightful! Almost as good as that time I came home to a note on the door with instructions...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was fantastic - I loved the way it came together at the end.

    I now know what I want for my next birthday anyway....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm... That sounds like a win-win to me...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on the picture. Maybe it was an illegal underground type club?
    Made me think how I wouldn't want my birthday on April first though. Many peoples ideas of jokes would just be letdowns though it sounds all worked it in this scenario.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! You would enjoy either way...I could see you this way. :)

    ReplyDelete