Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

"Feeling Groovy"

I love France's idea of a Saturday "dash of happy." It can be so easy to focus on the negative - what's bothering you, what you don't have, what's not going the way you want. Most of us have plenty to be thankful for, and happy about. Please go there and let her know what made you happy this week.

I'll try to add to the general happiness level by posting what I consider the happiest song I know, Simon and Garfunkel's "59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)."
Slow down, you move too fast.
You got to make the morning last.
Just kicking down the cobblestones.
Looking for fun and feelin' groovy.

Hello lamppost,
What'cha knowing?
I've come to watch your flowers growing.
Ain't 'cha got no rhymes for me?
Doot-in' doo-doo,
Feelin' groovy.

Got no deeds to do,
No promises to keep.
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep.
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me.
Life, I love you,
All is groovy.

5 comments:

  1. Great post! Yeah, slow down . . . Be in the moment . . . And yes, gratitude is the mother of all emotions . . . Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect song! Feeling groovy too now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I remember talking to a lamppost when I was younger (and drunk)! Or was it a stop sign? Can't remember! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm feeling groovy, too. great way to start the new week. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ♥ this song. Funny story (well to me)...when I was in high school, my best friend and I were hugely into S&G. We would get into long, silly discussions on the title of this song (Were they Feeling Groovy ON the 59th Street Bridge??). We used to sing this song while walking through the hallways at school. Hehe. So, yeah, thanks for the little trip down memory lane. :)

    ReplyDelete