Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Blogoversary

One year ago today, I started this blog and posted my Greetings to blogland. I started out full of enthusiasm, pretty sure that I had stories that would be fun to tell, and hopeful that they would be of some interest.

Now a year has passed, and I also note that this is post #150, which is a nice round number. I can say that the experience has exceeded my wildest hopes. I've loved sharing some of my real-life experiences, and the fruits of my ever-active imagination. That well is still full to overflowing. I receive continued assurances (accusations?) here at home that I'm as bad as ever, and possibly even badder. Which of course makes me happy.

The feedback I've gotten has been extremely gratifying. I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to everyone who's taken the time to read this, and my loving gratitude to those who comment on my posts. If asked why I blog, I would probably say I do it for myself - because I enjoy the writing. And that's true - but it's also true that if no one read and no one commented, I would probably lose interest. I hate to admit it even to myself, but the truth is that I *love* getting page hits and followers and comments. I lap it up like a kitten at a bowl of cream. I wish it mattered less to me, but there you are.

I also can't say enough about the blogger community. The most pleasant surprise has been getting to know, in some very small way, some really delightful people. People who, in my opinion, are true to themselves and bravely choosing their own path through life. I admire and salute that. I'm well aware that we only know each other from what we choose to share on our blog posts and our comments - but I still feel that I know some of you well enough to have real affection for.

Starting a new blog year, I'm looking forward to continuing in the same vein. I'm learning and growing and moving forward on my own path, and I'm sure the blog will reflect that. I feel more like *me* than I ever have before (if that makes any sense.) I don't think I'm anywhere near out of stories to tell. And with luck, there will be entirely new adventures to recount.

Raise a glass, the drinks are on me.

10 comments:

  1. Happy Blogoversary! Wishing you many more! Glad you have many more stories to tell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consider my comment another bowl of cream, kitty Max. ;)

    Congratulations on your blogoversary! I hope the next year sees you feeling even more like your sexy authentic self. (I suspect there are more than a few of us who know exactly what you mean.)

    Minx x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drinks "on you"? You mean... oh right, you're buying. ;)

    Looking forward to reading more from you. Cheers! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I am so glad I stumbled over here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your Blogoversary!
    Salut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Félicitations as they say over here! I raise my glass of champagne to your continuously devilish, naughty mind, enjoying your stories and sharing some comments and hugs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blogoversary Max--must be your lucky day :) Here's to many more!! Muah!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Blogoversary, my devilish, sexy friend! Reading your stories has been a delight, and I'm happy to know there's much more to come ; )
    (laughing at France's comment)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Blog-versary! I look forward to reading more from you in the future. :)


    ps... what is the mountain on your header???

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe I missed your big day! CONGRATS!! I very much enjoy your blog. Keep up the deliciously yummy writing.

    ReplyDelete