Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Beautiful Sadness

I watch and I ponder
remembering the beautiful things
and the beautiful people
now gone and all-but-forgotten
but still alive in my mind's eye

I grieve
Memories most precious
Grateful melancholy sweetness

I stand on the shore
looking out at the water
Longing
I am the last
Silent, observing



Postscript: I'm fine, and nothing terrible has happened. I was just in a place yesterday that had a lot of memories, and was feeling melancholy over the passage of time, and the good things and good people who are now in the past.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful sadness, indeed. I always think that if they are alive in your mind and heart, they are still around. Unforgotten. Never to be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is important to keep the memories alive... that way, the person knows he/she lives on through others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful. I love that you have written something from your soul. :) An tangible expression of feelings... :*

    Thank-you for sharing. A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's important to remember the beautiful things and the beautiful people. I liked this side of you. It's beautiful too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i understand how you feel. i felt this way yesterday but stayed away from my blog. probably should have written. i loved this post though :)

    ReplyDelete