Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Back on the Map

I am now back on the map and reconnected to the normal routine. It was a fantastic trip with a few friends from childhood. We saw amazing scenery, hiked trails through mountain forests past waterfalls to mountain-top vistas, cooked delicious meals over a campfire, slept at a campsite next to a roaring mountain stream...and we even saw a black bear (from the car, not while on the trail.)

I've re-grown my short beard, and haven't decided whether or not to keep it. But the best part was the camaraderie and laughs shared with friends. In short, everything needed to re-charge depleted batteries.

Everything except female companionship. Sadly, there were no encounters with farmer's daughters or wood nymphs, so I returned home last night, how shall we say...hungry. A brief snippet of conversation:
"You're beastly."

Laughs. "I was beastly before I went away."

"You're even more beastly now."

Wicked chuckle....

4 comments:

  1. Beastly! ha ha
    My best friends are the ones from my childhood. I think it's great when we have a chance to reconnect with this part of our life, and in your case with the nature too.
    There's no better way to re-charge depleted batteries than that.
    Good to have you back alive!! ; )

    ReplyDelete