Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

FFF: Bathtime


I watched her get up from our bed. She knew I was watching appreciatively, and she put on a little show for me as she lit the candles and ran the bath. I had taken her every conceivable way, and we were both at the point of exhaustion.

Watching her, it occurred to me that the candles' glow was like our desire for each other – bright, steady, intense.

She turned to me and smiled. "Care to join me?"

I grinned and nodded, feeling new energy coursing through me.

The challenge this week was: 60-88 words.
The phrase "...the candles' glow was like..." must be used.
Go see Panser's Lair to see who else is participating!

7 comments:

  1. Every conceivable way? What a night, huh?! Delicious piece, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Care to join me?" Those words would be enough to recharge just about anyone, I'd think. Particularly when accompanied by the come-hither look that she no doubt tossed your way.

    A fine take! Thanks for joining us.

    -- PB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm... I know that feeling. ;)

    Sounds like quite the night!

    Happy FFF!

    ~Soren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love the way you used the key phrase. My favorite! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ~CP

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy your FFF/stories every conceivable way!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yet another brilliant take on what is, on the face of it, kind of a narrow topic. I'd care to join. How can I make that happen ;)

    ReplyDelete