Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Dominant Genes

My esteemed father is currently in the hospital. In his mid-80's, and with a whole list of non-trivial medical conditions, he may not be coming out of the hospital. And yet, amazingly, he's still the original horndog - flirting with every female nurse/technician/orderly who comes into his room.

All I can do is shake my head. The body may be pathetically weak, but the spirit is still raring to go. Part of me wishes he would stop it and be a little more dignified - but another part of me just smiles and accepts it. Because it's who he is. And if any of those ladies showed half an interest, I'm sure he'd be more than happy to give it his best shot, right there in the hospital bed.

I guess I should have called myself Mystic Satyr, Jr. Because I got both the horndog and the contemplative genes from him. The apple has not fallen far from the tree.

6 comments:

  1. Hugs, I hope he recovers, no matter how dire situations may seem, if the spirit is strong they will often pull through no matter. And it sounds like he's got great spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All my warmest wishes for your father. And now, I know why you are such a charming person! Warm hugs too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending lots of love and hugs to both you and your dad... love this post.

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it all works out for you...and perhaps that he is able to have one last bang before he goes. My best wishes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope he gets well soon... With such a good son taking care of him, it will not be difficult.

    ReplyDelete