Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Kiss

Is there anything better than the passionate kiss? I don't think there is. I love everything about it, in all its aspects.

There's the incredible anticipation of the first kiss with someone you feel a connection with...the tentative moving closer.... The slight uncertainty mixed with adrenaline excitement...heart pounding in the chest. Slowly moving closer as time seems to stand still.... Heads slightly tilt to the side as lips gently touch, then press, melting together. Lips open...tongues touch, then start to dance in the partner's mouth.

There's the coming together with the lover. No hesitation, just the delightful join of lips...mashing together, mouths opening instantly, tongues exploring the familiar places.... Moments of the intensity of urgent passion and need, followed by other moments of the slow, gentle, lingering touch of lips...the sharing of breath.

There's so much communication of desire. It's sensual, intimate, and delicious.

My first real kiss happened in the spring of my senior year of high school. She was younger, but way more outgoing and experienced. There was palpable sexual tension betwee the two of us, but I didn't know how to proceed, so I didn't. But god bless her, she knew what she wanted and went for it. She asked if I wanted to take a walk, and I followed like a puppet on a string. She led us to a secluded alcove on the school grounds, and we paused. Some small talk, mixed with horribly awkward silences. She waited for me to make my move, but I was frozen solid. Finally she put us both out of our misery by kissing me.

Thank goodness. It was wonderful and magical, and I felt like the luckiest guy in the entire universe. Her tongue was in my mouth, and mine was in hers, and our lips devoured each others. I backed her against the wall, and we kissed and kissed forever.

One time she tested me, breaking the kiss and waiting for me to initiate the continuation. And I did, turning her face to me and seeking her lips urgently. I could feel her smile as we melted together again.

I knew in that instant that I had a new favorite thing. All these years later, I've discovered a lot of other wonderful things, but I haven't found anything that tops the passionate kiss.

5 comments:

  1. Kissing is one of the most intimate things you can do, I believe. The sharing of space and sensation can be quite intense. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's one of the things I crave intensely sometimes. I often think that adultery is actually brought on by the desire of a new, passionate, kiss. Some people say it's the adrenaline rush that makes it addictive. There's only one first kiss so I think we get a craving for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some first kisses are indeed memorable!
    XO :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm...I love to kiss. It's amazing how differently different people kiss. Definitely one of my *favorite* things. Very intense and intimate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some men are just incrededible kissers, some really suck!

    ReplyDelete