Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

FFF: Teaching Assistant


The dreary life of a university teaching assistant…the low man on the academic totem pole. But it had some good points too. Teaching the senior seminar turned out to be one.

The memories of how she dressed...was it innocent, or was she deliberately teasing me? And the flirty comments after class....

I remember the afternoon things finally changed, when she stayed after class to discuss the dominant/submissive subtext of the assigned novel. How the discussion got heated, and how I finally stopped, gazed at her silently for a minute, and then said slowly and firmly, “Go up to the board now and write ‘I’m your whore.’”

The intensity of our locked gaze was tangible. She hesitated, then slowly stood up and walked up to the board.

This was going to be good.

The challenge this week was: 128-138 words.
Go see Panser's Lair to see who else is participating!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, man, this is a good one. I wonder how many people are going to go with this approach -- that of the STUDENT writing on the board?

    Nicely done, sir! Welcome to the group. I hope you'll play along again in future.

    -- PB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the group indeed! I definitely look forward to reading more of your stuff. :)

    Happy FFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good, indeed. I do miss college... *smiles*

    Nice entry, this.

    Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all. I've just recently started my blog, and this is a lot of fun. You will definitely see more of me on FFF. :-)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am fairly certain the teasing was deliberate. Welcome aboard, Max! Lovely to have you.

    xoxo
    ~Luna

    ReplyDelete